- Thermal based devices have a much smaller size because they don’t have moving parts. By contrast you’ll find inkjet’s have their inkjet head which takes up a lot of space.
- You’ll find that all mobile thermal printers are much lighter weighing around 1-1.4 pounds. This is because they don’t use ink, and so don’t need ink cartridges – as well as not needing the hardware to power a moving inkjet head.
- They will last far longer and seeing warranties for 25 years it not uncommon.
- Cashier’s tills use thermal printer technology which is why it’s so common to see ancient yellow-looking tills.
- They’re more reliable because they don’t have moving pieces of hardware which are far more susceptible to breaking
- Thermal Printers have access to internal Bluetooth. This is because it helps them in being far more portable whereas for inkjet printers it’s not such a big difference due to their larger size.
- You will find every single inkjet device by Canon/HP needs external adapters such as a usb dongle.
In terms of mobility you’ll find no better than a thermal wireless mobile printer.
They’re far more transportable and more reliable and these two aspects combine for incredible use for people who need a travel printer.
However I wouldn’t recommend them at all if you need high resolution or very fast printing, as their printing capabilities are more limited to monochrome (black and white) and a little slower.